Contact Us   Sign In/Register
Search Add Data
About the Trust  
Inception ~ Remit ~ Other Projects ~ Park Plan ~ The Tunnel ~ Maintenance Guidance Leaflet
About the Project  
Study Objectives ~ Historical Background ~ Development and Style
How to use the site  
Search Criteria ~ Map Search ~ Information Sheets ~ Adding Additional Information
The Park Houses  
350 data sheets of all the Park Estate's pre 1918 houses ~ Additional Information
Further Information  
Previous Projects ~ Future Projects ~ External Links
The Nottingham Park Conservation Trust
 
The Trust was set up in 1992 to preserve and enhance the architectural and historical interest in The Park, a private, planned nineteenth century villa estate with 350 surviving houses built between 1820 and 1918. Trustees are appointed from Nottingham Park Estate Limited, a management company run by the residents plus representatives of The Nottingham Park Residents Association and local architectural and historical societies.
 
The area derives its name and origin from a royal park attached to Nottingham Castle which is built on a prominent sandstone outcrop overlooking the estate. Despite the proximity of The Park to the hustle and bustle of the city centre, the unusual ‘bowl’ like topographical features and mature landscaping have helped it remain a separate entity and an oasis of leafy calm, distinct from the noise and dense urban forms that surround it. Over the years the Trust has prompted and financed a number of projects including:
 
a Cataloguing estate related archive material
.
Improvements to Newcastle & Lincoln Circus
.
c Repairs and improvements to Park Steps
.
d Renewal of street name signs
.
e Tree planting strategy report by Consultant.
.
f Additional & replacement tree planting.
.
g Peveril Garden : New garden for public use.
.
h New boundary railings : Park Tennis Club.
.
i New brick screen wall on Fishpond Drive.
.
j Tunnel lighting & landscaping improvements.
.
k Conservation Plan for The Park Estate.
.
l ‘Bowl’ boundary elements improvement study.
.
m Guidance leaflet on repairs & improvements.
.
n Replacement of concrete with stone kerbs.
.
o Improvements to gates at entrances to Park.
.
p Study of The Park Houses 1820-1918.

 

Terms and Conditions Site Map
Disclaimer Privacy