Contact Us   Sign In/Register
Search Add Data
About the Trust  
Inception ~ Remit ~ Other Projects ~ Park Plan ~ The Tunnel ~ Maintenance Guidance Leaflet
About the Project  
Study Objectives ~ Historical Background ~ Development and Style
How to use the site  
Search Criteria ~ Map Search ~ Information Sheets ~ Adding Additional Information
The Park Houses  
350 data sheets of all the Park Estate's pre 1918 houses ~ Additional Information
Further Information  
Previous Projects ~ Future Projects ~ External Links

10 Huntingdon Drive

One of a number of similar Edwardian Houses on Huntingdon Drive c1908, probably by Lawrence Bright & Son Architects. Architectural styling influenced by latter stages of Arts and Crafts movement with Art Nouveau details. Formerly known as Kenmare House. Large three storey extension added for Samuel Jackson c1913–14, also by Lawrence Bright, providing a billiard room at basement level, large dining room at ground floor level and day and night nursery at first floor. At same time single storey bow window bay added to original house at ground floor level on road facing facade plus small single storey extension to left of main entrance doorway providing additional lavatory facilities. This small side extension later altered to form separate entrance to upper floor flat as part of previous conversion. House now converted back into single household use. Original brick boundary wall adjacent to Huntingdon Drive partly breached to build flat roofed garage building, possibly by H. D. Schofield c 1950. Original part of house is three storeys including attic plus large basement. Part rendered and part red brick facades with the rendered areas mainly at first floor level. Brick facades to the ground floor and lower ground floor. Some sections of the ground floor facades have also been rendered but this appears to be a later addition. Brick quoins to part of first floor facade adjacent to main entrance and corbelled brick stop detail at abutment with render at first floor storey height level. Red and blue brick plinths at base of facades. Pair of flat roofed, two storey bow window bays on original house facing the garden with three storey bow window bay on side extension. Clay plain tile gabled roof with bargeboards plus conical roof and finial over extension bay. Single flat roofed dormer window overlooking garden. Original rainwater fittings replaced. Red and brick chimney stacks with moulded brick string course and corbel detailing. Original red cannonhead chimney pots. Combination of original sash and casement windows with prominent box and canted oriel windows on timber brackets at first floor level on road front. Glazing bars and ornamental leaded lights to some casements. Original main entrance doorway with twin circular glazed apertures and projecting flat roofed canopy with wood support brackets. Door leading to garden via original stepped platform from each of the original bays. Original brick boundary wall and copings adjacent to Tattershall Drive survives plus section of original wall adjacent to Huntingdon Drive.

Terms and Conditions Site Map
Disclaimer Privacy

10 huntingdon drive

click anywhere to close this gallery