Contact Us   Sign In/Register
Search Add Data
About the Trust  
Inception ~ Remit ~ Other Projects ~ Park Plan ~ The Tunnel ~ Maintenance Guidance Leaflet
About the Project  
Study Objectives ~ Historical Background ~ Development and Style
How to use the site  
Search Criteria ~ Map Search ~ Information Sheets ~ Adding Additional Information
The Park Houses  
350 data sheets of all the Park Estate's pre 1918 houses ~ Additional Information
Further Information  
Previous Projects ~ Future Projects ~ External Links

11 Pelham Crescent

One of a group of houses in pairs c1868-70 by John Loverseed. Nos.11 and 13 Pelham Crescent were mortgaged by John Loverseed to Robert Knight in March 1868. Layout plan of The Park Estate, by Hine & Evans 1855-56, anticipated a sweeping crescent linking North Road to Lenton Avenue. However, continued use of nearby Barracks until c1870 resulted in Pelham Crescent becoming a cul-de-sac. In single household use. Two storey original house plus attic and basement. Originally red brick facades(?) now rendered and painted with stone dressings. Gabled slate roof. Original single storey rear extension with 20c additions. Single storey, flat roofed canted window bay on garden front. Glazing bar sash windows generally in singles and pairs. Prominent window group with semicircular arched heads and moulded cornices on side and garden elevations. Venetian style window opening to main gable on garden front. Similar Venetian window to gable on road front replaced by 2no. 20c window openings, together with a number of other window alterations, additions or replacements. Semicircular arched heads to door and windows in gabled dormers. Moulded stone surrounds to door and window openings now painted, plus sill bands, brackets and string courses. Full length decorative band at eaves on side elevation, now rendered or painted over. Alterations to openings at ground floor level with 20c additions. Double pitched slate roof with symmetrical gable and gabled dormer arrangement on road and garden fronts. Bargeboards to gables. Side wall and central chimney stacks, now altered, rendered or painted. Original pots replaced. Original rainwater fittings replaced and further pipework added. Roof window added. Original brick/stone boundary wall with gate piers to Pelham Crescent plus original coal house outbuilding now replaced with 20c garages. Original brick/stone boundary wall and gate piers to Cavendish Crescent North survive but brickwork now rendered and painted.

Terms and Conditions Site Map
Disclaimer Privacy

11 pelham crescent

click anywhere to close this gallery