Contact Us   Sign In/Register
Search Add Data
About the Trust  
Inception ~ Remit ~ Other Projects ~ Park Plan ~ The Tunnel ~ Maintenance Guidance Leaflet
About the Project  
Study Objectives ~ Historical Background ~ Development and Style
How to use the site  
Search Criteria ~ Map Search ~ Information Sheets ~ Adding Additional Information
The Park Houses  
350 data sheets of all the Park Estate's pre 1918 houses ~ Additional Information
Further Information  
Previous Projects ~ Future Projects ~ External Links

Carnoustie Lodge: Tattershall Drive

One of the smallest pre 1918 houses in The Park. Built c1878-80, probably as a coachman’s house and in association with the adjacent former stables in Albury Square. Also probable links with washroom outbuildings at Ellington House. In single household use. Situated in excavated ground between Cavendish Crescent North and Tattershall Drive. Simple original building with a number of additions and
alterations. Parallel natural slate gabled roofs, clay ridge tiles and brick corbelled chimney stacks, which have been rebuilt within the last 15 years with new pots added. Brick corbelled eaves and gable verges with prominent modillion brick course. Original gutters and downpipes have been replaced with black plastic. Plain red brick walls with some segmental and pointed brick arched openings and stone sills, now painted. Pair of brick and stone canted window bays, with roughcast render at first floor level. A number of recent alterations to Albury Square elevation include the infilling of the original coach house door opening with a glazed frame and rendered surround plus a single storey brick and slate lean-to extension in the possible position of the original main entrance door porch. A number of alterations to the east facade include window openings and modifications to the side door (early 20c), now used as the main entrance door. A variety of window types including vertical sash and casements. A conservatory has recently been added to the rear drying yard area providing covered access to the former washroom outbuilding, now used as an office. Small original lean-to building in the yard with outside lavatory. Sections of the original railing separating the garden from the paved Albury Square still remain together with the original brick garden wall adjacent to Ellington House. Brick boundary wall to Tattershall Drive appears to have been rebuilt on original stone plinth with new garden gate opening added. Original brick boundary wall facing Cavendish Crescent North is in need of repair. Rendering had been applied to the wall to try and conceal the problem but this has only increased the unsightly effect on the street scene.

Terms and Conditions Site Map
Disclaimer Privacy

51 carnoustie lodge tattershall drive

click anywhere to close this gallery