Contact Us   Sign In/Register
Search Add Data
About the Trust  
Inception ~ Remit ~ Other Projects ~ Park Plan ~ The Tunnel ~ Maintenance Guidance Leaflet
About the Project  
Study Objectives ~ Historical Background ~ Development and Style
How to use the site  
Search Criteria ~ Map Search ~ Information Sheets ~ Adding Additional Information
The Park Houses  
350 data sheets of all the Park Estate's pre 1918 houses ~ Additional Information
Further Information  
Previous Projects ~ Future Projects ~ External Links

23 Cavendish Crescent South

Detached house built 1876 for James Cloak of James Cloak & Co., wholesale grocer, with offices at Friar Lane, Nottingham. House also known as Holyrood House. Now converted for use by two households. Flat roofed single storey side extension possibly by architects Heazell & Sons c1930 for F. Arthur Wadsworth. Coach house at bottom of garden adjacent to Fiennes Crescent boundary converted into separate dwelling c1992. Detached garage building added in entrance forecourt area c1994. Two storey house plus basement and attic. Red brick with stone dressings and hipped slate roof. Pair of two storey canted stone window bays on garden front with 3 segment arched window openings to each bay at ground floor level and 3 flat headed openings at first floor level. Moulded stone surrounds to doors and windows generally plus moulded stone cornice band and string course at first floor level on all facades except road front. Also, moulded stone string course at eaves level on all facades. Flat headed moulded surround with pilasters to main entrance porch with monogrammed datestone. Stonework now painted. Glazing bar sash windows on road front with mainly plain sashes elsewhere. Remnant of earlier glazed roof to passageway between house and smaller gated opening on road front. Hipped slate roof with projecting eaves. Clay ridge and hip tiles with lead roll flashings to bay hips. Dormer window and roof windows added. Red brick side wall and ridge chimney stacks with chamfered stone plinth course, separated flues and corbelled caps. A number of original buff ‘crown’ pots are missing. Red brick boundary wall adjacent to Cavendish Crescent South with chamfered blue brick plinth course and stone copings. Original brick gate piers to main entrance forecourt with inscribed stone band course plus moulded stone string course and cap. To right of original smaller gated opening, later vehicular opening with brick and stone gate piers similar to original entrance. Garden area terraced to suit sloping site.

Terms and Conditions Site Map
Disclaimer Privacy

23 cavendish crescent south

click anywhere to close this gallery