Contact Us   Sign In/Register
Search Add Data
About the Trust  
Inception ~ Remit ~ Other Projects ~ Park Plan ~ The Tunnel ~ Maintenance Guidance Leaflet
About the Project  
Study Objectives ~ Historical Background ~ Development and Style
How to use the site  
Search Criteria ~ Map Search ~ Information Sheets ~ Adding Additional Information
The Park Houses  
350 data sheets of all the Park Estate's pre 1918 houses ~ Additional Information
Further Information  
Previous Projects ~ Future Projects ~ External Links

4 Clinton Terrace (133 Derby Road)

One of seven houses within, originally, an imposing terrace with private gardens overlooking The Park. Four storeys plus basement. Terrace now much altered and converted into mixture of flats and commercial premises. Alterations and additions to original terrace building include loss of forecourt paving, steps, walls and railings; conversion of private gardens into car parks; removal of key architectural features including entrance porches, parapets/balustrading, cornices and chimney stacks plus alteration or replacement of a number of original doors and windows. Built c1859, architect T.C. Hine. Terrace of similar scale to adjacent Derby Terrace designed by architect P.F. Robinson c1829. Although these two large terraces may have represented early models of development as envisaged in The Park, no other buildings of this type, character or scale were subsequently built. Originally red brick facades with buff brick panel band detail below cornices, plus variety of stone/stucco features including cornices, string courses and moulded door and window surrounds. Almost all these key architectural features now replaced with brick facings added to front facade with painted render at rear. Also removed, parapets/balustrading with ornaments above upper cornices on front and rear facades and chimney stacks. Original two storey, square entrance porch bay with flat roof now demolished. Three storey, rectangular flat roofed window bay overlooking original garden area. Originally, rectangular window openings generally, plus round and segmental arched openings on entrance bay, with combination of plain and glazing bar sash windows. Now numerous alterations and additions. Part of original forecourt area adjacent to Derby Road conveyed to Corporation of Nottingham in 1959, with subsequent alterations. Each house in terrace had garden area extending to stone retaining wall on Newcastle Drive, (formerly named Pelham Terrace), with gated access to Newcastle Drive from No.1 Clinton Terrace.

Terms and Conditions Site Map
Disclaimer Privacy

4 clinton terrace

click anywhere to close this gallery